Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Its all about being HAPPY...


Happiness is defined as "a state of mind or feeling characterized by contentment, love, satisfaction, pleasure, or joy" in Wikipedia. And how do you define it as??

I have had infinite number of happy moments in my life - of course many more to come....sometimes it was just a voice, sometimes a want of explanation, sometimes showcasing possessiveness and care, sometimes a touch, sometimes a tiny smile, sometimes discovering of a feeling or a thought which is mutual, sometimes silent conversations....and so on.

Everybody is searching for happiness in everything and in everyone. And we are so addicted to this habit. Even on the slightest hint, we pounce over it like we found a hidden treasure or something. And then we want to keep to ourselves only, don't want others to know or share. Keep it locked somewhere. And when we don't get it as per our expectation ....we get sad. Is it that we tend to focus too much on happiness, making us want it so much that we end up being unhappy more often than not???

Isn't it true that we keep searching for happiness not realising it's there around all of us all the time?? Why we do not understand a simple thing about happiness - that it is a journey not a destination?? Why we sometimes ignore small little joys around us??

This time whenever I get this pot of gold, am not going to keep it in my safe....I would keep it out on display, so that everybody who sees it, feels the shine of this treasure. From now on, whenever I find even the tiniest happiness I will share it with everybody I know and I don't know & will double it up and make it really BIG.....rather than cribbing about it that I could have got more.

Isn't it a good idea???

1 comment:

  1. The only way to truly feel happy is to let everyone around you bask in that happiness.

    ReplyDelete